Thursday, September 25, 2014

China Journal 2



China Journal October 9, 2013


Well I have officially been here one week. I honestly can’t believe I survived this long. Life is hard. HARD. 
Today I had to get a physical for my visa. Crazy experience. Almost words can’t describe. Lots of lines and people and tests. I almost passed out when they said I had to give blood. If you know meyou KNOW I hate giving blood!!! It almost makes me not want to have a lot of babies…you know, cause you have to give blood... a lot…no, not really, I still want lots of babies! 
Anyways, I survived and the nurse was actually pretty gentle. I think it was the tiny needle she used. Why doesn’t America have those? 
Next came peeing in a cup. Now this wouldn’t be too bad, except they are squatty toilets (hole in the ground) and when I say cup I mean, tiny plastic shot glass….Do you have a visual…. Almost impossible. Seriously impossible…oh and the shot glass had no lid. When done peeing you had to unlock the door while holding your shot glass and try to pull up your pants while straddling a hole in the ground. Then walk down the hall and find the number on your cup and match it with a number on a trayreach across the tray and drop the shot glass in…with everyone elses pee.
 Remember no lid!
 Then came my ultra sound (which I was hoping they would sneak a peak at my baby, but they didn’t). The lady did keep saying I was beautiful, so I'll take it.
 Next was my sight test, which I failed. The lady actually got angry with me. But I seriously cant even begin to describe what it was like…actually I’ll try. You know those pictures that if you stare at a long time you might see something….Yeah that. It was insane. Again I failed. I actually thought it looked like the letter "G"…and she said ,”NO NUMBER”..I still don’t know what it was? I am starting to wonder if I am color blind? Was it a color blind test? Mom, am I color blind? 
Then came an EKG and blood pressure test. No big deal. Except that they shuffle about 10 people in at a time and everyone stands around you and stares.
I was able to opt out of the Xray and Vaccination cause I am pregnant…Thank you Baby Matlock #3. All this, with about 150 other people and no social order…. complete chaos. 
To make everything more stressful, I left my babies with the school front office. I didn't really have a choice. They had said this should take about 40 minutes..ha! I left at 9:00am and got back at 2:00pm. I was sad and stressed. The kids were fine but happy to see me. 
The nice part of the day was…. I made a friend. They sent her with me as my translator. I really like her. She is originally from Zheng Zhou but has lived in England for 13 years. She is nice and fun and speaks English. She is not a Christian, so I invited her to church. She asked me if I went to church and I thought this is my opportunity. Church isn't something you talk about. Pray for Rieka.  
I am tired. I am thankful for things in America. I remember feeling this in Russia, but it is different here, harder. Pray for my kids…Pray for me. I haven’t written anything cause I honestly haven’t had the strength or desire to write. Life is hard. I decided I better start writing…even though I have no desire..its still a story. On a happy note China has birthday cake oreos…Um Amazing! 
And I will leave you on that note….

No comments:

Post a Comment