Wednesday, September 24, 2014

China Day 1


This was my first attempt at a blog post in China. I had been keeping a journal, but hadn't shared my thoughts with anyone at that point. It was hard to write. It was hard to express what I was experiencing and feeling. Again these are just my words....nothing great...nothing profound. Just a glimpse into my life in China. The plan was my sister would share my journals for me, since blogger was blocked, but our computer broke and that plan didn't happen. Just in case you were wondering.


Hi. We are alive and well (well mostly). We have been struggling with sickness on and off, but are on the road to recovery. I apologize for not writing sooner. We have been here 3 weeks now and the first thought to comes to mind is….We have survived. Ha! It is hard. Very hard. Russia was hard. Russia has nothing on this. I needed to take a break before I wrote anything. I needed to be well, in a right mind. In this moment of trying to be very transparent, I didn’t have the strength to write anything. Anything good that is. Life was hard. Life is still hard…but I am learning to find JOY in every situation. What a gift. What a lesson. It is not easy. It is not even fun at times…but it is necessary and I already feel like in these short (long) 3 weeks I have learned more and God has opened my eyes to so much. It is truly God that is getting us through each day. It is definitely not on my own strength. I have been keeping a journal often and am going to start to share those. Please remember these are my personal journals. They are not well written, some are funny (at least I think so), some are just pure honest emotion… But my heart is in every journal I write. Also my blog is blocked from my computer…thanks China , so my sister will be posting these for me…Thanks Jess. Anyhow…I look forward to sharing with you and showing God’s love and grace here in China and in my life. I am blessed. There is much to be thankful for. Just so you know our journey here was long but the kids were amazing. Thank you for your prayers! They were complete angels. They never cried and I couldn’t sing their praises enough.  Also our housing is still pending. It’s a long story and a lot I can’t share. However we are living out of 2 dorms rooms; one room we sleep in and one room we live in. This is extremely challenging! Please continue to pray for the apartment to open up. We need some stability and a feeling of home. Especially the kids.

We had just arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment